Welcome to Class 1
Mrs Reilly is our Teacher. Miss Allen is our Teaching Assistant. Mr McDanielson is our HLTA (Thursdays). Miss Downes is our Learning Support Assistant.
In class we cover many exciting topics, including toys (old and new), the Royal Family, animals and plants.
We enjoy a Christmas trip to Thornton Hall Park and meet Santa and his Elves, as well as Bruce the Reindeer.
Our PE sessions are on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
We hand out homework on Mondays and new reading books for parents to complete the three part read during the week. Books should be returned the following Monday morning.
Homework in Year 1 is:-
- Spelling – (8 words to look at each week. These are based around our phonic lessons).
- Maths – This can be a paper task or a game online to practise the skills we have been learning in Maths.
- Reading – 2 books will be brought home each week.
- free choice book for pleasure
- book (phonetically matched) to your child’s ability and linked to the Guided Reading sessions in class